Implant care in practice- Hygiene
This full day theory course will allow hygienists and dentists to understand implant monitoring and maintenance, enhancing optimum Implant hygiene. You will be taught how to care for peri-implant tissues safely, when ‘to probe or not to probe’ and when to refer.
This course is a part of a series of CPD days that take place at the University of Portsmouth Dental Academy.
How to book
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: 6 hours, (9.00am – 4.45pm)
- Location: Dental Academy, William Beatty Building, Hampshire Terrace, Portsmouth, PO1 2QG
- Start and end dates: Friday 7 February 2020
What you will experience...
- Understand implant components and interfaces
- Understand peri-implant physiology – similarities and differences compared with natural teeth
- Determine what to measure
- What to clean and how
- Develop thorough understanding of dental implant care
- How to care for peri-implant health
- How to avoid harm
- Be able to recognise when the implant is failing or at risk
- Know when to refer
- GDC Development Outcomes – A, C